Friday, October 16, 2009

Lemon Heaven

Ok so yesterday I did not post a recipe because I was dealing with ants in the kitchen. I am not just talking a few, but thousands. Where do they all come from? I could have sworn, to date, I have killed a million on my own. Anyway, the weather is better today and it makes me think more like summertime so I have a refreshing lemon pie that is to die for (not really!)

Two Crust Lemon Pie:

You can either prepare a crust (for the top and bottom) uncooked; or buy one (homemade is better).

Place uncooked pie crust in 10" pie plate

Ingredients:
1 medium lemon
1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 cups of butter
3 eggs (beaten)
1 tsp. lemon rind
1/2 cup water

**************************
Mix together the following:
One and a quarter cups of sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
Blend in 1/4 cup of soft butter
Add three eggs well beaten (reserve 1 tsp for top of crust)

In a mixer:
Grate 1 tsp. lemon rind from lemon
All lemon meat
1/2 cup of water
Blend well.
Add blended mixture to sugar/butter mixture and beat well so smooth

Fill pie crust and top with remaining uncooked crust
Vent pie and brush with reserved egg wash and sprinkle with granulated sugar

Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.

This pie will be the hit of your next party....

No comments:

Post a Comment