Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We All Scream for Ice Cream!

Ok, recently I was talking to a friend of mine who said her boyfriend's favorite dessert was ice cream. While I do like ice cream, I find that I like my ice cream all doctored up. I have the perfect recipe to spice up an ordinary bowl of creamy heaven!

Ice Cream Pie with Homemade Chocolate Sauce:

Crust:
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups corn flakes (uncrushed for measuring)
1 cup flaky coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
2 qts of vanilla ice cream (you can use any flavor you want but I think it is best with vanilla)

Mix butter, brown sugar, coconut, pecans and crushed cornflake crumbs together and press into 10" pie plate (reserve 1/4 mixture for top of pie)
Spoon softened ice cream into shell.
Place reserve topping on ice cream (freeze covered)

Chocolate Sauce:

12 oz. package of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup heavy cream

Melt chocolate with butter; add sugar, vanilla and cream. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until dissolved.

Put chocolate in gravy boat or spoon on to each slice of ice cream pie.

ENJOY!

1 comment: